Saturday, June 8, 2013

Shadow Priest Kills Viscidus!

Got an ice pick?
I have this thing where I don't like asking for help, especially if it is remotely possible that I can do it myself.  I had to ask for help with the Twin Emperors, because I still haven't figured out how to manage the both of them.  I have, however, found a way past Mr. "1 HP and Not Dying".  That's right, I have killed Viscidus not once, but now twice, on two different shadow priests with different gear but slightly similar tactics.

The strategy seems simple enough.  Freeze him with frost attacks, take his health down with regular attacks until he is at 1 HP, then freeze him one last time and shatter him with fast attacks.  The getting him down to 1 health point was easy, as well as freezing him thanks to Mind Spike.  My problem was being able to attack him fast enough to shatter him.  I tried to use my spell dagger and my shadow fiend.  That didn't work.  I knew I would need faster and more attackers.  So, I headed back to my farm, after freezing him down so I could hearth, to think about what I could do do take this problem out.  Delgada had a dagger stashed away she found hidden in bushes and a guardian she put together with the help of Brann Bronzebeard.  Surely these would be enough!  She headed back to An Qiraj (40) and tried her luck.  It worked!  Apparently, her camera was not working, so Halinka, having heard of her success, decided to venture forth with her auction house special(of the Marksman), her Timberling and her Mechanical Yeti.  It was a little tougher to take him down, since her gear level is so much lower, but the strategy Delgada employed worked for her up until the last.  Would it work with what she had?  She froze him one last time and unleashed her small army on him, stabbing him with vigor (and venom).  Would she shatter the gooey blob?  Would she be victorious?

...and then...

Dance Party!

Halinka and her rag tag party of misfits took that snotty monster down!  He even left behind a baby snot monster for her to sell (since Delgada already had one).  Success!  I now return you to your regular news cast already in progress...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you are more interested in being cute than helpful.

ShawndraKai said...

Well, the fact that you dug this out must mean it was helpful to some. What part didn't help? Glad to help you with a strategy if you need it!