Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lend A Hand

If I haven't said it before, I'm an elementary school lunch lady. It is nearing the end of the school year, so a kid being out for an extended period is not unusual. At this point in the year, the grades have for the most part been decided, and we are just waiting for final assignments and to finish cleaning out desks. I noticed Jordan had been out, and then his brother, but I figured they were on a family vacation. They are both great kids doing well in school, why not?

Word of anything comes to the multi-purpose room, and my kitchen, very slowly if at all, and usually I get it from the kids and the yard duty workers. I found out early this week that Jordan had been diagnosed with leukemia. You can read about it at the blog that has been set up here . Local businesses have set up some great ways to contribute, if you live in the area.

I'm small time. I don't run a business that can contribute. But I do play an awesome game that millions of other people play, and if just a few that read my blog will pass this on to some of their in game buddies, or other bloggers, or even podcasters, who knows what kind of help we can get for this great little guy and his family? (Jordan would give me such a frown for calling him little!) Please help me help them! Leave a supportive comment, use their PayPal donate button, Twitter about it, Facebook about it, pray about it, do whatever you can.

No comments: