Thursday, May 7, 2009

To Boldly Go...


I'm sorry, it's a little sideways and funky, but I had to get the pretty neon sign in the picture, and the marquis with the show I just went to see...Star Trek! Yes, I took it with my cell phone. I probably could have backed up and got the same effect, but then I would have lost my place in line! No, I would not have missed the movie, because even at a special early day before release 7 pm showing, the Fox usually has a few seats (or twenty) left over (except on Wednesday).

What a great movie! I won't spoiler anything here, because I have a feeling there are just a few more people out there that read my blog that love Trek as much as I do. I will say that I absolutely love my little Fox Cineplex, and hope that the renovation monies do more than just restore the inside to it's glory days look from the 1920's. I'm hoping for THX . They just recently were used for a commercial and upgraded to a Dolby Surround Sound system, and I can tell the difference. Maybe I just want too much. I already have inexpensive tickets, inexpensive concessions, a staff that is friendly and helpful, and some really neat decor, all right around the corner from my house. What more could a girl ask for?

Go see Star Trek in the theatres. You'll be glad you did. I know I am. :)

Here is a better shot from a while ago of the whole front of the theater. This old place has been in use for 80 years. I love it! Oh, and I guess a new sound system is in the works, among other things. So excited!

No comments: