Sunday, August 23, 2009

Thanks For Going For Me!

I have had a very informational weekend watching people on Twitter, Facebook, and my rss reader. I doubt I could have seen as much if I had actually been at Blizzcon myself. I'm still a little bit jealous, but that will pass. I'll just have to bone up on my ticket ordering skills for next year.

While all of you have been having fun at Blizzcon, I was having real life fun. My sister in law and her husband are away at the river enjoying some much needed adult only time. Their babysitter came down with a bad case of pregnancy (thankfully, it was in its end stages), so they needed us to watch their boys. Our house is bursting at the seams now, with 9 kids and two adults, a cat and her 6 kittens, and any of at least 6 neighbor kids that drop by to play.

So, yes, full house, full of happy giggling and some bickering, a little drama (I have mostly girls), dirty faces and scraped knees. We went to the park yesterday with grandpa and played in the playground, had a baseball game, and performed death defying stunts on caterpillar climbers (3 and 5 year olds make you swallow your heart when they climb!). Then we ate pizza and drank Dr. Pepper (sorry Noah), and threw the frisbee around. Oh, and all that happened after we took the second oldest to the hospital for a broken toe. She missed out on the park, but she was happy enough, plugged into her laptop, Cookie Crisp and cold water nearby, foot propped on the couch arm. We brought her pizza. I think she had as much fun as we did.

Today, I'm catching up with blog posts and twitters I missed yesterday. What a wealth of new things to dream on! Well, at least look forward to. Thanks to all the people that went that shared their experiences or will be sharing them soon. I look forward to enjoying the con through your eyes and ears!

1 comment:

Mae said...

Wow, sounds like you've been crazy busy!! 9 kids is a heck of a lot!! I understand how you feel about Blizzcon, I would have loved to go... maybe next year!