Wednesday, August 6, 2008

To what length...


...would you go to get an item available in game? Let's just suppose there is this wonderful, incredible Swift Zhevra mount, available only to people who get a friend to try the game, buy the game, and sign up for two months of service. Now, let's suppose that you are a shut-in, with no friends other than the ones you know in game. Would you be your own friend?

How about those neat-o vanity items you get from the WoW trading card game? How would you go about getting those? Would you buy the booster packs until you got it? Dangerously expensive, that one. Or would you buy a box of booster packs, and be content with whatever loot cards you got? Perhaps a bit less expensive in the long run, but you may not get what you were hoping for. Or would you go to E-bay? Oh, a friend in need, finds friends with deeds...to your D.I.S.C.O. ball. Do you bid, or buy it now? Or, do you hope that some random person in game offers to trade their code for a large sum of gold coin? Infrequent, but you could get lucky.

Well, I'll tell you to what lengths my family has gone. My hubby loves me sooo much, he bought an account, in his father's name, and put time on it. Maybe his dad will play, who knows? Delgada will be very happy with her new pet! As for trading card fun, my hubby usually buys me a booster box with every expansion set. To date, I have a picnic basket, a goblin gumbo kettle, pet biscuits and flaming treads, not to mention many, many UDE points to spend...firework trinkets, tabards, ogre disguises....I'm a happy girl! Oh, and he makes out well too. I gave him a rocket mount, and the ethereal trader. If he never scratches the card, I may have to do it for him....

No comments: