Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving thanks on Thanksgiving

I enjoy Warcraft Bloggers site. Even though I have given up on my blog ever showing on one of their pages, I still find great bloggers and wonderful ideas through clicking through the little pre-blurbs on their site. Tonight, or rather, Thanksgiving morning, I happened upon Rick's Place. The link is to post, inspired by his pastor, to give thanks to the people closest and most important to him. I thought it would be a great idea to take up his pastor's challenge tonight before my head hit the pillow.

Thank you, Tom. Without you I would never be so happy. Amanda, Melissa, and Samantha would not be what they are today without having had you in their life. I would not have the joy of our youngest, Julia, without you. Thank you for putting up with me when I am not how you would want me, engrossed in whatever part of Azeroth I am conquering. I look forward to spending many more Thanksgivings with you.


Thank you, kids. For helping out with Julia, for doing your chores, even in the sporadic way you all get to them. For being sweetness and light when I am too tired to deal with your more frequently displayed darkness and insanity. Thank you for keeping me drilled in obscure mathematic equations and other little used subjects through your need for homework help. And, even though I may complain about that friend of yours that sends me numerous tells in game, thanks for bragging that I am the most uber destroyer of Alliance, clothed in epic robes and wielding legendary weaponry. Just don't let them armory me. I can't imagine life without you. I can, however, imagine what it would be like with stepford children. Don't change much, alright?

Thank you, KNR. In you I find I have a social life, when most times I cannot manage to get out of the house. Thank you for making me stay with you all when you left Star Wars Galaxies, even if it was on a PvP server. There are times in my leveling that I curse that decision, but then, we wouldn't be KNR on a PvE server. We would be ... We would not be. Thank you for hours of laughter, and for not being too racy for my children, at least during the day.

Thank you, Inconceivable. I never thought I'd enjoy playing the other side of the fence as much as I enjoy playing with you. Milli, I cannot believe that you have as many alts as I do Horde side.

Thank you, all 5 of you that read this blog. I hope that you have many more people to be thankful for, and a spread that puts the first Thanksgiving feast to shame!

I think that covers it. Happy Thanksgiving! Now, off to start the baking...

1 comment:

Tom said...

Thank you for being the greatest mother and wife, anyone can ever ask for. Love you!!!