Here, let me outline my collection of cool legendary cards.
- Prophet Velen - My first legendary ever. Why am I not playing a priest?
- Vol'jin - My most recent legendary, from a pack. Again, why am I not playing a priest?
- Lorewalker Cho - I keep him because he could be fun. I should really dust him.
- Tinkmaster Overspark - He has his uses? Perhaps against a lonely opposing monster, if he doesn't turn himself into a squirrel (I swear I had this happen to me once).
- Baron Rivendare - Everyone has this one, or at least everyone that did the Naxx adventure.
- Old Murk-Eye - I crafted my way into this one, my second legendary. I <3 li="" murlocs="">
- Blingtron 3000 - My first Goblins vs Gnomes legendary. I haven't played with him yet.
- Elite Tauren Chieftain (gold!) - A gift from Blizzcon. This card is more fun than functional.
- Feugen - Another from Naxxramas. This is a good card, as it trades well. His brother, not so much.
- Loatheb - Despite the fact that everyone has this(that has done Naxxramas), it's an excellent card.
- Stalaag - Feugen's brother in Naxxramas. Strong, but not as versatile.
- Gelbin Mekkatorque (gold!) - A reward from buying cards in the beta. He summons mechs, which has some utility with GvG cards, but is really more fun than functional.
- Maexxna - From Naxxramas, is like the Emperor Cobra but trades better.
- Kel'Thuzad - From Naxxramas, this card when dropped down makes me hit concede if I cannot get through and punch them for a final blow. 3>
I have played with a few other legendary cards that were stolen from my opponent, summoned from a portal, called by the death of a spider, even jumping from a ruined shredder. They were great, and in most cases, they were game changers. I know that, even if I had some of these wonderful cards that everyone else has, that there are big chances that I will not have them when I need them. I just feel that I could do so much better with them. Why? Because all the other players out there with their shiny cards are slapping them on the table and winning because I cannot get around all of them. I'm not talking just one, I'm talking decks with three and four of them. I went up the other day against a player that had Sylvanas, The Black Knight, Dr Boom, and Alexstraza. I got past the first three, only to be brought to 15 health and then, oh, killed by Grommash. I forgot about that one. How can my motley crew fight against that? Even my husband, who only plays when I make him, has Ragnaros. Why can't I have more, better shiny things? *cry* Sorry about that, I will stop whining now.
I have heard of people climbing the ladder on free to play accounts, which mine is mostly free. There is a whole page of free to play decks on Hearthhead that have been play tested in the Legend rank ladder. Maybe I should start from scratch. I have been doing better at holding cards I could play for better advantage later. I guess what I have to do is start with one hero. Which do I choose? The one I play the least, that has a deck that will not be missed. Turns out that is a shaman, and the most popular of my search. Here is the deck, so you can follow on my adventures. I will start using this next season, as this one is well started and I am hovering at 15 with a warlock zoo deck.
|Freebie shaman deck.|
Wish me luck? Funny, I'll bet the theme of next season has something to do with luck! Have any pointers for this dirty casual player? Leave them in the comments!