Saturday, July 3, 2010

What's Not To Love?

I would be lying if I said that Perfect World were the perfect video game.  It has its problems, just like every other game out there. However, I am finding a lot to love in this game.  Some of the things I am finding here would be great implemented in World of Warcraft (hint hint).  WoW will always be my first love, but absence makes the heart grow fonder, so I am making the most of this absence!

One of the things I am really enjoying about this game is the quest finder.  Need something to do? Check your quest log, but flip to the Find Quest button.  A list of quests you haven't found that are in your level range appears.  You can click on the names of the quest givers, and it will auto path you to them.  For example, I just flew to what looks like the second stop for venomancers and barbarians and got a quest to go into their level 19 dungeon. I was, thankfully, able to complete the quest alone, one that involved me cutting out the still beating heart from some black wolfkin.  Thankfully, I only had to kill the first 5 mobs in the instance, which also garnered me a token for some reputation, and I was on my way.  Turns out this is a quest chain.  I will take every quest I can get (especially during the triple experience event that is on this weekend)!

Another thing that is really helpful in this game is the auto pathing feature.  As a winged Elf, I might say it is even more useful to me, as I don't get hung up on terrain or structures quite as much using it.  Have a quest taking you somewhere new? Click on the mob or the npc name in the quest and away you go.  It's almost like taking a flight path in WoW, except it costs nothing, and you go exactly to where you need to go.

Need A Lift?
Another thing I am finding useful, and a little silly and fun at the same time, is the embrace feature.  In my last mini post, you saw me "embracing" a barbarian in form.  Yesterday, I got a totally random embrace from a guy about my level, and he whisked me to Archosaur from the Dragon Quest Director near the City of the Plume, which is no short flight.  I didn't have to accept his request, but I figured, why not?  We had a nice chat on the way, and he tried to friend me on drop off, but I think he disconnected.  We looked so good together in our matching armor, too. *sigh*

I am really enjoying having a choice between my armor look and a fashion look.  I can wear both sets at the same time, and switch when the whim strikes.  Here is my favorite outfit (and for a while, the only one I had!)

 Isn't She Cute?
 Outfits, when purchased from the cash shop, come in random colors.  I think this one was a lucky pick!  I had 5 gold left burning a hole in Eromee's virtual wallet, so, with hubby's help, she chose this.

Missing The Proper Rock Star Hairdo...
The pants are already there.  I bought a minxy mini skirt to go with it, but the color was really off, so I will have to hunt around for a royal blue dye (or white, or black) to make it match. In the meantime, however, this just means she has one more option in her wardrobe.

Beach, Anyone?
The shirt and sandals are part of the permanent fashion everyone has.  If you take everything off and show the fashion, you see those with the pants shown in the last picture. Wouldn't it be great to be able to do this in WoW?  I'd even go for being able to make a lower level armor set with a look I love and infuse it with the stats of whatever I have at the time, ala Wizard 101. Yes, you may accuse me of playing for the Barbie factor, and I will 'fess up to it.  A new drop in WoW is always tried on the the dressing room when I play. 

One other thing I like about this is that pure quest items go into their own separate inventory.  That means, when you are out farming for teeth, you don't accidentally run out of room when your bags fill up with meat and furs. Oh, and when you are done with a quest, it will not allow you to complete it if you don't have enough room in your inventory for the reward.

Eromee is getting close to level 40.  I'm sure once she hits this level, there will be more news.  All I have to do is resist the urge to buy Zen (it's a bonus Zen sale this weekend as well...agh!)

Have a great Independence Day Weekend.  Stay safe, don't drink and drive!

No comments: